Here are just SOME of my favorite Haiti pictures. But I had to throw in the hair getting done :) No it did not hurt like I thought it would, but my neck was sore the next day. The 2nd one was of a dear sweet girl that I met from Jacksonville. Her name was Annesiley. I think I just destroyed the spelling of her name.
The next picture is by far my favorite one and will be blown up and put in a frame when I have the money. Sweet memories. I want to cry everytime I look at them.
The picture of the mountins, clouds was on our way home and I was holding on to dear life for my camera and my safety. Pretty scary drive :)
The picture of the little girl was when I went to a church about 30 minutes away from where we were staying with 7 other people. I thought it was precious and because it was an amazing experience. Driving with the beach on oneside, the mountains on the other. Going through lots of citys, seeing a parade of children, going through a market of some sort, through a river, a creek, down a mini-hill, seeing things I never want to see again :) and we were there. This church out in the middle of no where. I will post a picture later :)
Please continue to pray for the transition. Now that everything has calmed down, and no more womans retreat, no more craziness, it's going to be diffcult because I have nothing to distract myself with. It's only been a few hours and I am already struggling. UGH! Well until next time....
3 comments:
I love that you met Annsley!!! Your pictures are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing them!
I got your message tonight, after, go figure, a wedding I was at. Guess what time that wedding got over? 12:30 AM.
Craziness. Anyways, for obvious reasons, I didn't call back then. Talk to tomorrow maybe though??
Hey Kathy,
There are some MAJOR differences between PCA and the Methodist church. Are those the two churches you were saying there were differences between? Or were you talking about PCA vs. PCUSA? I had A VERY hard time understanding the differences betw. Methodist and PCA, but I couldn't remain with the Methodist church any longer back in 2004. It was really hard especially since I was so active in Wesley at UGA and all the connections with Martha Bowman (which I know you understand). We've only been attending Southwood since Jan. of this year, so I didn't know that there's a big meeting once a year there. I'm sure we'll encounter it as the years go by :)
Thanks for reading my blog! I check yours out too. I feel like a web stalker...
hey kath! i love the picture of you squished in the middle of all the people you met and were able to serve! you look like you were having soooo much fun! i'm glad you are back, though =)
Post a Comment