Sunday, June 3, 2007

I'm going to Haiti

So it is FINALLY here, I cannot wait to see all that the Lord has in store. A friend from church is going to be updated it on a blog, you can try it but no promise that it will work :) It is thesoteriafoundation.org Here are some of the prayer requests.... Here are some of the things that I would ask that you be praying for while we are down there: *For our safety (we leave June 4th @ 6 am (which means we have to be at the airport at 4....YIKES) and return the following Monday late that night) *For our health *That God would be glorified through the medical, construction and orphanage team whatever we might be doing, because we are still not completely sure :o) For me personally I would ask that you pray *That I would surrender all my daily plans and desires for this trip *I think it is going to be challenging for me in many ways it's going to be (hot, Hot, HOT :), there is going to be a desire for me to want to do something because I see all the poverty, & sadness, please pray instead of becoming angry/shutting down that I would PRAY for them and continue to serving them, also for the fact that I have lived with by myself for the past 3 years, living with someone, let alone being with people all day, everyday is going to break me in ways that I could have never been prepared for, but I also am LEARNING that God's grace is bigger than all of this. Pray that I would go to foot of the cross instead of allowing my feelings and emotions to take control *That I would grow deeper in my time with God, that I would make it my number one priority and desire to be with him *Please pray for my family (and for others who have lost loved ones) that this would be an opportunity to share the Gospel I can't believe that is happening in less 13 hours. How exicting and amazing is He! Thanks again for your prayers, support and love. Till next time....

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'll be praying for you Kathy. I know you are going to be such an asset to the team. Have fun with all those kids! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Medana22 said...

Just 4 hours to go...I am praying for ya! P.S. I am secretly asking God to have many hug you this week:)