Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Joy

The past couple of weeks, better yet the past 2 months have brought some circumstances that have been very difficult for me, and for those I love. We had our woman's retreat almost a week ago, and I am slowly starting to see how my joy is not to be found in my circumstance, or how I feel but that ALL MY JOY is found in knowing the one and only true God (duh, Kathy). I think quickly back to the girls in Haiti that found their joy in the Gospel, and not in what they did not have or their circumstances. Please pray that I will surrender all of my circumstances, my trials to Him. I sometimes will say here Lord you can have this, but refuse to give Him everything else because I want to be in control. I want to know what the outcome is going to be, and He has called me to lay everything at the foot of the Cross. That all my joy will be "found, rest and abounds in Him." I will pray that your joy too will be found in the Gospel and not in your circumstances. May these words be the cry of our heart.... "All my joy." Your glory is what I am longing for Your splendor is filling my gaze Your love so great is what I am thirsting for I live for sight of your beautiful face All my joy is found in you How my joy abounds you And all hope it rests on you To live is Christ To die is gain In the end only one things remain All my joy is found in you Your beauty is drawing my heart to you Your spirit is teaching me truth Your word so sweet is more than a feast o Lord I live to bring pleasure and honor to you

2 comments:

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

So true!!!!! I'm so glad that the 'Spirit is teaching you truth'!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I feel like everywhere I turn (including your blog) God is revealing the same thing to me - surrender all to Him, trust in His purposes, and the result is true JOY. I am so thankful for you, my friend! - Janna