Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Questions to challenge you

I had the blessing and opportunity to go to Steve and Meghann Roberts homegroup tonight. Since we had Todd's Ordination service this weekend, Steve decided to ask questions to not only help us to get to know each other better but to also challenge us and where our heart was at. I thought I would share the questions and maybe like it has provoked me to look in my own heart, maybe it will have you ask the same questions I am. Am I serving with a joyful heart? Am I doing things to be noticed or to give Him all the glory? Am I receiving correction well? Am I studying His word? Here is what Steve asked: 1. What has God been teaching you? What have you been studying? 2. How is your area in serving at the church? What else do you want to do? (These are just things that provoked my heart while people were responding-Am I praying about it? Am I doing it with a joyful heart? Where am I being selfish of my time? Is it only based on what can get me noticed?) 3. How much of what we do serving, encouraging, spiritual life, etc. is out of performance or is it because you know what Christ did on the Cross that motivates you? 4.What do you feel is going well in your Spiritual life? God has been teaching that running away from difficult and hard situations is not an option and especially not running away from Him. He will follow me, hunts me down wherever I go. Nothing can separate me from Him. Not doing my devotions, listening to not uplifting music, keeping myself out of church. NOTHING. In Psalm 139 it says "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?" I never thought that the story of Jonah and the whale would make such an impact on my life. I serve an amazing God, a powerful one. You would think with just that that would make me want to pray even more but my sinful heart doubts, disbelieves that He could really do the things I am seeking or asking for. Someone quoted "We pray so little because we don't believe God will do anything." I want to pray with a heart of FAITH, TRUST that HE WILL DO SOMETHING. But just not in my timing-in His PERFECT timing. He is good. I hope something in here provokes your heart to start asking those difficult questions and to go to the Cross and ask Him for his help, wisdom and strength to change. Please pray for my heart that I will do this. I tend to do little things, but not always follow through and I want to finish things. Not just jump from one thing to another. It is SO late, and I am rambling now. Hopefully something makes sense. Thank-you for taking the time to listen and please don't hesitate to share your answers to these questions. I would love to hear and to know how to better pray for you :) Love to you all!

1 comment:

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

Very cool,Kathy! I am humbled by your desire to ask those hard questions! Thanks for sharing them!!!! ;o)