Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A year and 8 days later.... :)

A year and 8 days later I decided to finally write something on this blog. It is actually 4:00 in the morning as I write this. Once again no sleep for me. Struggling with crazy fear tonight. There is SO much that could be said right now of what this past year has been for me, but right now in this moment I am grateful for the Lords sustaining grace, and how He has yet to let go of me despite my kicking, screaming and bad attitudes as I walked through once again difficult trials. The picture at the top of my blog represents what I pray this year will be for me. Full of HOPE. Trusting whatever might come my way knowing that this is all part of a bigger plan. I often find my heart singing a few of the same songs over and over. One of them is God moves :


God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform
He plants His footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm
Deep in His dark and hidden mines
With never-failing skill
He fashions all His bright designs
And works His sovereign will

So God we trust in You
O God we trust in You

O fearful saints new courage take
The clouds that you now dread
Are big with mercy and will break
In blessings on your head
Judge not the Lord by feeble sense
But trust Him for His grace
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face

So God we trust in You
O God we trust in You
When tears are great
And comforts few
We hope in mercies ever new
We trust in You

God’s purposes will ripen fast
Unfolding every hour
The bud may have a bitter taste
But sweet will be the flower
Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan His work in vain
God is His own interpreter
And He will make it plain

The others one I find myself singing are: In Christ Alone, He's always been faithful to me, How do I thank you oh Lord, Before the throne of God above, There is a Higher Throne, Jesus Thank you, There is a day. Aww such precious words that bring HOPE to our lives. I long for that day when we will be gathered around the throne singing praises to His name. With NO more tears, NO more pain. Oh come quickly Lord. 

Until next time I leave you this sweet picture of the girl I last talked about on my blog a year ago. 
Here is Gracie from her first birthday party just a few days ago as she takes on her birthday cake. 
This picture looks like it came out of magazine. SO precious! 
Happy birthday sweet girl! You have such a special place in my heart. I love you!





1 comment:

Janna said...

Love your heart, sweet friend! So glad you are feeling the sweetness of our Savior's goodness in the midst of all that is hard.
Thanks for celebrating our little princess with us! :)