Thursday, October 28, 2010

Let me tell you how the LORD has been GOOD!


Last night, Janelle handed me an envelope and said that your friend wants to remain anonymous. It had some cash & a VERY encouraging letter. One that brought sweet tears to my eyes. I hope this person does not mind ;) but I want to share what was written and why it was it encouraging:

Katherine:
I wanted to take the time to write you a quick anonymous note to let you know that I am praying for you. The Lord knows what you need before you need it, and during this season of your life He is only going to prove His faithfulness all the more as you learn to continually rely on and trust in Him. Each step we take is a gift. Each road we walk is ordained, even if we don't understand it now. The cool thing is that when we are standing before His throne, clothed in white robes purchased by Jesus Himself, we won't be wondering whether God's plan was good or not. We will be declaring His praise, knowing that He is good, assured that everything He did was perfect, even the tough times having been redeemed by His perfect love. You are a treasured, friend. I hope this encourages you.

There was SO much that encouraged me about this letter, but especially what I put in italics. Then even after that as this sweet person talked about Heaven in all of this. The amazing thing in all of this, is the conversations, thoughts, prayers, tears, songs that I have had with the Lord lately are exactly in this small simple paragraph. Not only the money is a sign of His faithfulness, but the words too as I have not shared with anyone what was going on. He works through others in mysterious ways.

I don't want to end there though in as lately I have SEEN the Lord's faithfulness. Let me share in some of those ways:

Before I lost my job, I had enough money to pay off for the rest of the year my monthly dues for my homeowners.
I have been able to faithfully pay every bill on time, and still with a little money to spare.
I have been given money or Publix gift cards right at the time I would have needed it.
I have been able to help others serving them in a way I could have not done it while having a job.
Things that were broken, or seemed broken are fixed, without anything I did to it.


My favorite one though would have to be me desiring more of my Savior, wanting to spend time in the word instead of it feeling like it was duty. I have enjoyed seeing how I am being encouraged by Spurgeon hundreds of years later, & it being exactly what I need to here. Like yesterday, had part of the lyrics from On Christ the solid rock I stand.

"His oath, His covenant, and blood, Support me in the whelming flood;
When every earthly prop gives way, He then is all my Hope and Stay.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; All other ground is sinking sand."

Or how I read in Psalm 27, where "He hides me in His shelter, and to wait for the Lord, be strong, take courage, WAIT for the Lord." Even though this season has been difficult I look forward to seeing all that the Lord has in store as I continue to walk forward, with open arms, TRUSTING Him, learning from Him. I often image myself lost in worship, dancing, singing, bowing. I want to imitate that childlike faith even now, during this time, and not just image it.

"This is our God, this is our King. This is the anthem of the redeemed. Tell the whole world, let everyone sing. This is our God, this is our King!!!!"


4 comments:

Janna said...

Amen, sister! SO thankful that you are able to see and experience HIS faithfulness! Love you!

Janelle Morrison said...

Hallelujah, Rejoice!

Bonnie Anderson said...

Saw on FB your encouragement to check out your blog, so I did. I'm so encouraged by your post. I love what God's doing in your life.

Erin said...

I TOLD you! His provision for you has been as mine for the past 3 years. It is amazing. Simply amazing. Keep tithing, keep giving where you see need and can fill it. Jehovah Jireh (God Your Provider) has you in His hand ... and He is faithful ;)