Thursday, March 22, 2007

Faith

“We cannot make ourselves Holy. But when we surrender ourselves to the Lord, learning day by day to treat all that comes to us with peace of soul and firm conviction that His will governs all, He will see to our growth in Grace. He will so govern the events of our lives, down to the smallest detail, as to provide for us the conditions which will make us fruitful…Faith need never ask, “But what good did this do to me?” Faith already knows that everything fits into a pattern for good to those who love God. An inconvenience is always a blessed inconvenience. We may rest in the promise that God is fitting together a good many more things than are any of our business. We need never see, “what good it did,” or how a given trouble accomplishes anything. It is peace to leave it all with Him, asking only that He do with me anything He wants, anywhere, anytime, that God may be glorified.” Elisabeth Elliot

1 comment:

Meghann Roberts said...

Hi Kathy! It's Meghann. I found your blog through Jenn's Favorites! What a wonderful quote. Anything by Elisabeth Eliot is wonderful! I just had a conversation with someone today and when I got home and read your blog, I was once again reminded of the kindness of God! I copied, pasted, and emailed it straight to them as it is perfect for the situation they are in (and so good for me to hear as well!). Hope you are doing good! See ya soon!