Sunday, July 15, 2007

You alone

This is long. Don't say I did not warn you :) Though this song that I have shared below is probably not biblical correct, and some people might disagree with it. The words have been so meaningful to me lately. When no one is around, and all else seems lost I can TRUST and remember that He has me safe in His arms, and He is God. It is NOT easy, I can agree with you on that. BUT it is continually preaching the Gospel to myself day by day and minute by minute. Read Psalm 27 and the words to this song if you find yourself in this same place that I am in, and you will be encouraged. God has been so faithful, and loving over the past month. I am amazed and in awe of who He is and all that He has done in my life. To think of where I came from until now, not just with what happened growing up and slowly healing from a past full of hurt and pain. BUT I am also in awe of how these past 2 and a half years at Metro have changed me so much. Even though there are days I regret, and covet some of the relationships that the girls have here, or the knowledge they have. In a way I am beginning to be thankful for the fact that I went to all those different churches because it has made me who I am (that is a lot more difficult to say than I thought) While being here I have had to think hard, had to cry out to God, to fall down flat on my face, ask for forgiveness a gazillion times, running away quite a few times and whined my heart out, but all in all He has continually picked me up and put me on both feet right in the heart of the church....His people. For those of you at Metro, and those that go to other Sovereign Grace Churches. Thank-you for your continued faithfulness of prayer, support and love in my life. Writing this tonight was not easy at all. I have struggled the past couple of days (because of somethings that have come up) of not wanting to pursue or open up. Please pray that God would soften my heart, and help me to break down the walls. The excuses, the lies that I allow myself to hear are keeping me away from even more that God desires for me. Pray for FREEDOM and that I will be on FIRE for Him. I really want back my childlike faith. Thank-you. Here are words....You Alone by:Echoing Angels I'm desperately wanting To just find a way I'm searching and seeking For someone to say That it's all right And it’s okay Like I know you can You alone are God I am yours and you're mine And I know the heavens will call out your name if I don't I close my eyes And drift away To a place I remember To a place I feel safe Where it’s all right, and it’s okay Cause I’m there in your arms You alone are God I am yours and you're mine And I know the heavens will call out your name Yes I know the heavens will call out your name You forgive me You accept me Just as I am And you love me And you want me To understand I’m yours, you are mine And I will worship you Worship you alone are God I am yours and you're mine And I know the heavens will call out your name If I don’t You alone are God I am yours and you're mine And I know the heavens will call out your name Yes I know the heavens will call out your name And with all the heavens I worship you alone You alone are God

1 comment:

Jenn Romanski said...

You said: I am amazed and in awe of who He is and all that He has done in my life. To think of where I came from until now, not just with what happened growing up and slowly healing from a past full of hurt and pain.....In a way I am beginning to be thankful for the fact that I went to all those different churches because it has made me who I am (that is a lot more difficult to say than I thought)

Praise God Kathy! That is so wonderful! I join with you in thanking God for revealing your hearts growth to you!

Love,
jenn