Sunday, September 9, 2007

One thing I learned in celebration....

Well pictures from Celebration will have to wait another couple of days. One thing that happened at Celebration was that after 11 years of being a believer I finally understood that the blood that Jesus shed on the Cross was the exact blood that has wiped away every sin past, present and the future. I am sad that it took me this long to understand this, or to embrace it. You should have seen me that night in the cabin. I was like a child loosing their first tooth or getting a big present on Christmas morning. The excitment was overflowing. I am so thankful that God opened my eyes now to see this, to understand it and am now able to embrace it. There is a new sense of hope and joy that has come across my heart and I am exicted that I have been given a piece of freedom. Last night we were singing this song that I shared below. One that I have heard and sang many times, but last night it was the first time that I truly grasped and understood the words that this song expresses. To think "Where your boundless love, conqured my bounless sin and mercys arms are open wide." I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Praise God for his goodness and faithfulness in our lives. HE IS GOOD! “The Glories of Calvary” Music & Lyrics by Steve & Vicki Cook From Songs for the Cross Centered Life by Sovereign Grace Music Lord, You’re calling me to come And behold the wondrous cross To explore the depths of grace That came to me at such a cost Where Your boundless love Conquered my boundless sin And mercy’s arms were opened wide My heart is filled with a thousand songs Proclaiming the glories of Calvary With every breath, Lord how I long To sing of Jesus who died for me Lord, take me deeper Into the glories of Calvary Sinners find eternal joy In the triumph of Your wounds By our Savior’s crimson flow Holy wrath has been removed And Your saints below Join with your saints above Rejoicing in the Risen Lamb

2 comments:

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

YAY!!!!! Praise the Lord! How exciting, Kathy! I pray that when temptations come and doubts rise that He will bring to mind that experience and revelation and build your faith for how He is still God - He still forgives sin - He still loves you.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome, Kathy! Isn't it amazing to feel God's pleasure over you?!