Sunday, August 3, 2008
I am FREE
I promise to share more about all the fun things that happened at, during and after my time in Gaithersburg for the Worship God conference but right now I want to share of God's grace and His gift of setting me FREE on Friday night. For years I have been struggling with trials and circumstances that continued to weigh me down. There was a lack of hope and I really honestly thought I would be this way for the rest of my life, that things were not going to change for the depression, besetting sin, lack of desire. But we serve a HOLY and loving Father who hears our cries and at the perfect time He picks us up and sets us FREE and that happened for the me this past Friday night. God meet me in different ways the first few days of the conference. The words that were given to me, interactions made, friends who were not afraid to speak into my life. At the beginning of Friday night, Todd (he is our worship pastor for those of you outside of Metro) leaned over and said "Kathy this is going to be a night you will never forget. Your life will never be the same, but don't hold back." Throughout the night of worship and teaching God took my heart, and begin setting it free little by little when I started surrendering those things that I had been holding onto for so long. There was a song in particular that we were singing called "Out of the depths." Here are the words and then I will share more "Out of the depths, O Lord, I cry to You. When I am tempted to despair. Though I might fail to trust your promises. You never fail to hear my prayer and if you judged my sin I'd never stand again. But I see mercy in your hands. So more than watchman for the morning, I will wait for You, my God. When my fears come with no warning, in your word I'd put my trust. And when the harvest time is over and I see no fruit, I will wait for you. The secret mysteries belong to you. We only know what you reveal. And all my questions that are unresolved. Don't change the wisdom of your will. In every trial and loss. My hope is in the CROSS. Where your compassions never fail." These words especially where it says "all my questions that are unresolved. Don't change the wisdom of your will. In every trial and loss. My hope is in the CROSS" My hope, attitude, desires should not be in my circumstances & trails but in the Cross that never changes. So then we sang "Let your Kingdom come." I stepped out in the aisle and I held back no more. I dance with freedom like I had never felt before. No worries of what friends were thinking, but what my Father in Heaven was thinking as He rejoiced over me with singing. During the song I remember this particular feeling as my arms were stretched out in worship where I just felt everything being lifted off my shoulders, no more being weighed down by sin, circumstances or trails but a Hope that I could look Heavenward for what is yet to come and to know that MY Redeemer lives. My loving Father is my protector, my deliver and I will wait until He returns. I will pray desperately for those burdens that were lifted off my shoulders, but I will not carry them anymore. HE has set me FREE and I desire to continue to live in that freedom. I know this only the beginning. I have lot of sin that I need to put to death, confession & accountability with the Holy Spirit and others. I know it is going to particularly hard with two areas of my life being family, the fear of man and anger that come out of that and with friends and being bitter and jealous BUT there is HOPE where I did not really see any before. As it says in Philippians "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Please continue to pray for me, especially for those particular sins but I look forward to seeing what God has in store for me, my family and friends.
Thank you God for your steadfast love and your mercy that you overflow on our lives. Lord may we put our HOPE in your word that never fails. May we have eyes to have faith for what is yet to come. Lord help us to glorify you in our jobs, our homes and in relationships that you have specifically placed in out life. Thank you Lord for dying on the Cross so that we could live in freedom of knowing that we are forgiven. You our redeemer, and our King. We love you Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh my, Katherine this is amazing! I dont know what it was this morning I meant to talk to you but you just seemed different, I Kept seeing the header for Celebration when I glanced your way... FREEDOM. Not sure what it meant then, and didnt share with you b/c it seemed incomplete but oh my was I wrong! Freedom Katherine! I am so excited for you and what this means for you in furthering the kingdom of Christ! God is so abundently kind to us we so dont derserve it! I love you and cant wait to see the beautiful changes that come from this freedom:)
yay!!!! God is soooo good and soooo kind! i'm so glad that you are now experiencing FREEDOM in Christ!!!!
love you! ;o)
Wow, Kathy! God is amazing, is He not? =) It is such a joy to see our God working in your life, growing you to be more like Him and less like yourself. I will continue praying because I know that our God IS faithful and will ALWAYS be faithful. =D
Wow! What a beautiful picture of the freedom we find in Jesus! Thanks for sharing your heart with me today.
i love the new look!!!!! :) hey, can you email me the sidebar pics from the ladies retreat? those turned out good!
Oh my johnny. I wish you could've eavesdropped on my prayers for you over the Worship Conference weekend. God is so specific and intentional in how he presses things on our hearts and THEN how He answers us-- amazing! Glorious! Building my faith!
love you, Kathy.
Kath,
WOW! I am sitting here, tears rolling down my cheeks. A burden has lifted off of ME just hearing what God has done in YOU. HE IS AMAZING! Rub some on me, wouldja? =D
Hey, Brianna just walked in and asked whose blog I was looking at and I said "Miss Kathy" and she said "MY Miss Kathy?"
She owns you girl! You will ALWAYS have a special place in our hearts!
Love you bunches!
Post a Comment