Sunday, October 26, 2008

Marriage is between ONE man and ONE WOMAN

I hope to update soon what I have been up to the past month but until then there is something that I strongly believe in and that is that marriage is between one MAN and one WOMAN but even more now as Florida is fighing to keep it as that. My friend Jennifer did an amazing job on her blog page explaining more of what is going on here in Florida for those of you out of town that read my blog and are wondering what in the heck I am talking about read up on her blog (just click on her name underneath my favorite blogs) But before I go I was shocked when I read this last night on the Apple home page. "Apple is publicly opposing Proposition 8 and is making a donation of $100,000 to the No on 8 campaign. Apple was among the first California companies to offer equal rights and benefits to our employees’ same-sex partners, and we strongly believe that a person’s fundamental rights — including the right to marry — should not be affected by their sexual orientation. Apple views this as a civil rights issue, rather than just a political issue, and is therefore speaking out publicly against Proposition 8." There is so much I want to say, but I can't seem to find the right words to say so I am going to end with that I am voting yes for Amendment 2.

1 comment:

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

Yay for Amendment 2!!!!! =) Sucks to be Apple and have lost $100 grand! ;)