I had to share with you the craziness that proceeded on the Sunday after Thanksgiving at the BUSIEST airport in the world. This is LONG but I had to include everything. I will give you this. Check-in and security in both airports went very smoothly. I was checked in and through security in less than 30 minutes, which was AMAZING considering when I was there.
So here comes the comical part (at least I thought it was) My dad and I went up to Atlanta on Sunday morning for lunch (and of course a little shopping ;) I had just called about at an hour before I was suppose to be at the airport and they said everything was on schedule so we decide to head on over because we had no clue how bad traffic would be. As soon as I checked in and I see my dad pulling away they say your flight has been canceled. You need to fly out on the 8:45 tonight. UGH! I was in tears before I got to the counter because I was sad about leaving my dad (that's something I will have to explain to you if you really want to know) so anyways she finds me a standby flight. I get there (that airport is HUGE and of course mine is the furthest away) and then ONCE I get there I was shifted from one gate to another. Only to find out that the standby flight that I was going for at 3:09 was canceled too. But there was a flight at 2:09 (mind you it is around 2:30) that had not left yet so I get on standby there. I had never done standby before so I was clueless in what to do. I was standing in line why they put everyone that had a ticket on the plane. I turn around to ask someone something and the couple behind her jump in front of us :(
I wonder if the lady that gave me the ticket had ever seen a response like mine. I jumped up and said thank you SO much and THRILLED that I was going to make it on. I manage to get on the plane, called to let my dad know, and then trying to get a hold of Rebekah to let her know I was coming in earlier. We did not lift off when we were suppose to. We were on the runway for over a half an hour. The kicker was with all those people trying to get on planes they were saying that had no room on any flights (there was even a family of four that did not get on before me), but I was the last one on and the had 20 plus empty SEATS! It was crazy. I got 3 seats to myself :) Well once I get on the plane I realize my luggage was suppose to go on the flight at the 3:09, so when I got there poor Rebekah had gotten there early (gone around to many times with her boys not so happy in the back seat) so I did not see my luggage. So I left (not putting a claim in-opps :) Samuel was so excited to see me (which TOTALLY made my day :) I got my car, and I called AirTran (my luggage somehow had arrived) went back to the airport to pick it up. I was home by 8. So I was originally supposed to be home at 6:00, then got pushed to 10. Then I was able to make it to an earlier flight but had all the luggage issues. I am just VERY thankful that I got home especially after CRAZY plane ride coming home. In the dozen times I have flown have never had a bumpy ride like that. I felt like I was on one of the crazy fair rides that Lindsay forced me on last year :)
Yes that was very LONG day but I am home and not stuck at an airport ☺
I cannot end this story without saying a HUGE thank you to a dear friend (and yes I know who you are but I won't disclose so you can keep your secret but I found out through some investigating and figuring it out on my own who you are.... ;) You made my day, and brought me to tears that you would even take the time to do that and bless me. There are really no words that could possibly describe the deep gratitude I have towards you. Thank you again.
And that my friends is how the Sunday after Thanksgiving went ☺
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
I'm glad you made it home...safely...and with all of your luggage! And now you're able to laugh at it! :) I need to give you a call soon and talk to you about Christmas. ;)
1 comment:
I'm glad you made it home...safely...and with all of your luggage! And now you're able to laugh at it! :) I need to give you a call soon and talk to you about Christmas. ;)
Post a Comment