Thursday, January 22, 2009

Update....and a somewhat funny story :)

It's very hard for me to post these days because I don't have good inernet connection, and my other computer is dead (and that is how I did all of my posts & pictures) so I haven't had the greatest post lately but hope to get back on top of it because I want to pass my blog along to some family members that I don't talk to very often so that we can keep up what is going on in each other lives. SO here is my first attempt in trying to be regualr in posting updates of my life. I might be changing my blog name, but still haven't decided. I love my blog and the many memories I have wrote about the past 2 years, so we shall see! With all that being said I wanted to share a funny story (well it wasn't so funny at 4 this morning) but I thought you all might get a good laugh out of my fear, and sillness. So I am sleeping last night, and all of sudden I hear that sound of the power going out. You know how it goes, just sounds like everything dies and comes to a complete stop. Instead of thinking there is a power outage or once again I forgot to pay the bill my heart falls into some major fear and thinking about all those crazy movies or shows I have seen where bad guys (and girls ;) cut the power put on the nighttime vision googles and are getting ready to break into houses to hurt them. YUP that is EXACTLY what I was thinking and fear has completely taken over, and while that is going on my alarm goes off REALLY LOUD! I pull my night stand in front of my bedroom door (it was already locked) turn off my alarm and called the alarm company. After being reassured that its just a lost to power, and phone line that none of the zones were alarmed I got off and called the power company to find out that about 1900 houses are without power. I somehow calm myself down, and fall back to sleep in the FREEZING cold and then many hours later you hear the power come back on along with my closet light. Somehow stupid me thought that putting the switch up at 4:00 in the morning would make it work. Who knows what I was thinking! I think I was exhuasted from not feeling well the past few days, and the exhuastion of the fear that took over me for a while just came to a crashing halt then :). The lady at the alarm company and power probably got a kick out of me ;) OH well and life conitnues on.....

3 comments:

Melanie VanLue said...

haha, i laughed. too much 24 for you.

Candace said...

Oh Kathy, you make me laugh! :-p How cool that everything was/is ok and that you're able to laugh at the situation now! Thinking of all the movies I've seen is probably the first thing I would've done too!

Hope you're doing well! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I would have thought the exact same thing!! :)