Sunday, January 15, 2012

His FAITHFULNESS!

2011 was a year I care not to remember. It was filled with LOTS of changes in church, friendships, starting school, looking for jobs. It was also filled with many struggles, turning 30 was a lot harder than I had ever dreamed of, and should I even say it: still being SINGLE was another hard thing to embrace and learning how to truly rejoice with those younger than me doing everything I have been dreaming of.

We are now a few weeks into 2012, and I have been thinking what do I want to proclaim this year to be. How can I honor God? What is He calling me to share? What is He after in my own little world....in my heart? And after much thought I believe it should be His FAITHFULNESS. When I think of this word it makes me want to sing so many songs.

Like, Your grace is enough" by: Chris Tomlin 
"Great IS Your faithfulness oh God
You wrestle with the sinner's heart
You lead us by still waters in to mercy
And NOTHING can keep us apart
So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise
Oh God Your grace is ENOUGH for me."



Or "He has always been faithful to me," by: Sara Groves
"I can’t remember a trial or a pain
He did not recycle to bring me gain
I can’t remember one single regret
In serving God only, and TRUSTING His hand
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful to me."

or "Great is thy faithfulness."

"Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth

Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide; 
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Thy hand hath provided; Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!"
The Lord HAS been faithful and WILL continue to be as I WAIT.  In His kindness he has put me in this season to show me how He has over & OVER again provided for ALL my needs. How that through this time of going to school, being unemployed, watching friendships change, friends moving, & so much more that He has not forgotten even one small detail. He has given me everything I could ever need and that is allowing His son to die on the cross so that I could spend eternity with Him.


And when I think of His faithfulness I look back over these years (even before coming to Metro) and all I can see is the Lord's hand in every single moment. I know a lot of people (I can hear all the comments now ;) How blessed am I that I have been to so many places, so many churches and had all these experiences that are not by mistake but by His perfect plan? Even in my sin, He still brings good! And oh the families I have had the privilege to be apart of.  The ones who have loved me, taken me as there own, allowed me to be apart of everyday lives/holiday's, instilled wisdom, cried with me, prayed with & for me and then even let me be apart of their children's lives. How am I so blessed? Aww yes, BECAUSE of the faithfulness of our Father! And in this continued, unique season my HOPE will be in Him. I will SERVE Him with all my heart because of what He has DONE for me. 


Thank you Lord for this season of singleness so that I have the chance to bring glory to your name, & to love, serve and encourage those who you place in my life. Praise you because you are a FAITHFUL God!

3 comments:

the_blissful_mommy said...

I love reading your resopnses to Jesus' good, good love. You are amazing and I love you!

Janna said...

Beautifully said! Love you, sweet friend! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.