Friday, July 13, 2007
Day #4 (a little late :)
Please forgive my spelling :) I gave up trying to figure out what was right. Well I just spent the day catching up on a bunch of things. I returned a few things to stores (and got money back-I was quite exicted). The nice thing here, is everything is right by each other. Target, Wal-mart, Sams, Old Navy, the Mall so you don't have to drive to creation to return something. I got almost all of my throw away cameras developed. I have some adorable pictures from Haiti, but the best is when I got the ones back from my preschool classroom 3 years ago. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? These kids are now entering 1st grade. Anyways, I went to Lifeway today and used my many gift certficates. I was able to get the movie "The Natvity," "Doing things right in the matter of the heart," "Femine Appeal," and "Lies woman believe." The best part yet was I still had $15.00 left over. I have eaten lunch EVERYday at my favorite place, Jeannes. Southern, homestyle cooked food. YUMMY! I watched another movie last night called "Evelyn." Just as it was getting to the good part, the dvd started acting up. I tried all I knew to do to fix it, but had not luck :(
So, I learned something pretty amazing last night. I was thankful for the Lord opening my heart to understand what I read. It was out of the "Depression" book. This little paragraph was titled "Don't think that your case is unique," it says "This popular lie questions God's care: all suffers are tempted to believe that their suffering is unique. This lie immediately renders all counsel irrelevant because no one understands and no advice applies. The result is that the aloneness you already experience is now an established fact, and you are given ever more permission to despair." WOW! Can I just tell you that I felt like I had been knocked over the head with a 2 by 4. That is only a piece of what I read. It is amazing how you put a book down for aLONG time, but when you pick it back up it's exactly what the Lord wanted me to hear. He is amazing! I guess I can't use that for an excuse anymore huh? :)
Well I am off to celebrate lunch with my dad at Jeannes. Dawn (one of the ladies that runs the restraunt) and I are surprising him with his favorite cake from there....Carmel. Then I have a few more errands to run, and then it is time to get ready to go to hot ATLANTA. My brother, dad, Arun (my dad's best friend) and I are all going to Bones. Jenn is your mouth watering yet? :) Please do pray for the conversation tonight. I haven't been around my brother for long period of time this week, and he likes to push the limit with my dad and especially me. I know that conversation will also come up about Christiantiy (UGH) please pray that God would give me the words to speak, strength and grace towards them in difficult times.
Have a wonderful day! Look forward to sharing more! Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Be encouraged my friend! God is at work and will use you. I pray in faith.
Oh man. Evelyn is a great movie, too!
Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment