Friday, July 13, 2007
Day #5 and Day #6
Well it is Saturday morning, and I am packed up and ready to go. I think my dad and I are going to grab something to eat then off I go, with all the rain :( I am going to stop in Valdosta to see my friend Sara-beth, and then maybe see Jenn R. (I don't know how to spell you last name....sorry) in Gansivelle. Then hopefully have enough time to unpack, straighten up, grab some dinner then head to Deluge. My dad says the only thing that takes me back to Orlando is that crazy church of mine. He says I go 7 days a week and he doesn't understand why. I am thankful for Danny's message last weekend, because it reminded me that if they don't believe they will never understand why we do what we do. What a timely reminder.
Isn't He good?
So I bet you are all wondering how dinner went. Just a word to the wise, never eat dinner with a democratic, a republican, a brother who doesn't care and me. Politics, christanity and alcohol do NOT mix :( Well dinner was AMAZING and I enjoyed every last bit of it (and I mean every last bite), but never want to re-live the conversation at the dinner table, the car ride home, and again at Arun's house EVER again or to deal with my dad when he is like that. Needless to say it was a hard night, but what was amazing is even though it was hard there was a peace that overcame me even in those very tense and diffcult situations. Anyways, despite some of the craziness it was a good day. I am kind of sad that it is all over, because that means that it is getting closer to when my mom, step-dad and brother get here and that I also have to find a job.....YIKES!
Please pray for me today that my time in the car would be glorifying to God, that I will have a safe trip and please continue to pray for my dad's heart. How I long for him to be apart of the Kingdom, of having something to hope for everyday.
Thank-you for being apart of this journey with me. What a blessing to share it with you all, and for the encouragment and prayers that you lavished on me. See you tomorrow! Love to you all.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
from Mama L (although YOU can call me allura) :) Kathy, what a precious post this was, and it brought tears to my eyes. To see how you long for your father's salvation, that he would share in the hope you have found in Christ, is amazing to me. In some ways I can't relate: I was brought up in a Christian home with my daddy showing me Christ's love for the church. But I do have unsaved loved ones and I know what it's like to long for the salvation of their souls. I have missed you and I can't wait to see you at Deluge tonight! Get ready for a big hug!!! I love you (and yes, Jenn, I know this is long, but I don't care!)
Post a Comment