Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Happy Birthday Janna

Here are some of my favorite memories and reasons why I love you (in no special order) 10. You are the best. I love you so much! You have a quiet, tender spirit that touches everyone you meet and your wisdom, encouragment, and joy are just a few things that I admire about you. 9. I love watching you worship, and how you will continually open your hands before you during prayer. To me that is saying I surrender to you Lord, whatever your will may be. 8. The way you support your husband in his call for youth ministry, and how you love the families and their students. 7. The way you care for your husband, and boys. I think your fun fridays are awesome and will always be a special memory for your little boy 6. I wished you still lived one street over so I could decorate your door :O( 5. There are no memories like Camp Kuqala. How about surviving the blackout of 2005 and dealing with wild and crazy middle school girls or having the bus break down at the ever famous McDonald's right before we get on the turnpike. I loved how you would so graciously wake me up in the morning, and how the girls loved you. 4. Your boys are precious to me. Michael with his endless Kathy P. and wanting to play with the trains and Levi and how he lets me hold him and love on him. They will always hold a special place in my heart. Thanks for letting me be apart of their lives. 3. Because you give the best hugs and always pay attention to detail in our friendship 2. For the way you loved, encouraged and supported me through COP at Pioneers. I will never forget that, and even though it was a difficult time-I appreciate the way you walked with me through those difficult questions and circumstances. 1. Your family. My one favorite memory is when we drove down to Miami to spend the weekend with your family. I loved the opportunity to get to know your family better and for making special memories with you all before you left for Thailand. I love you Janna! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Medana22 said...

I cant beleive you just said you loved hugs...

Katherine Peschau said...

I am a hugger more than yall think. I LOVE hugs (just not sweaty ones and that means if I am only a little sweaty) because I don't want to hear the person say "eww your all gross." Which I have heard enough in my lifetime. I loved Janna's hugs because it was not that quick pat on the back hug. It was tender and sweet (like a motherly hug) So bring on the hugs :o)

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

Dude, you all heard her! Hugs for Kathy P.!!!!! ;o) Kathy, your hugs are never gross, silly!

Happy Birthday, Janna!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful day!

(Kathy, that was SO sweet! I'm sure she'll cherish it.)

Anonymous said...

What a precious friend you are! Thank you for your sweet, gracious, and kind posting on my birthday! :) What a special gift! I look forward to the next time we get to see you! I love you!