Saturday, June 28, 2008

Press on

Tonight was simply beautiful. I had a few conversations with my dad today on a reoccuring topic that always seems to end up in an argument and me in tears, followed with reoccuring anger & saddnes. He wants me to do something that I am now seeing as HUGE sin (thank you God for your conviction) and struggle with what is yet to come when I stand up for what I believe in. I went to singles tonight, not knowing how it was going to go after my day, and it seems like I have been in a valley, trying to climb a mountain that only seems to be getting higher. But tonight God kindly, and simply whispered in my ears PRESS ON. As I was listening to the message Mike gave tonight (it was AMAZING) on Imitating Christ, and reading out of Philippians 3:3-17 I found myself really taking in each thing he was saying. Here is a glimpse of what God put on my heart. "Press on Kathy, even when you don't understand, feel forgotten, alone, and are living a life that is nomalist. PRESS ON! When depression, anger, anxiety, bitterness settle in-PRESS ON! When you don't want to read the Bible anymore-DO IT ANYWAY." I know, I know your thinking "don't want to read your Bible? or "living a life that is a nomalist?" It's sad that I have a lack and desire and passion to not read His word. I am working on that and God has given SO much grace in this. It's funny (in some sense) that we have been talking about nomalism for 6 months now and I am now just getting it, but I don't think I would have grasped it until now. Its like part of the scales that have been on my eyes, and dread that has been on my heart have been lifted. I pray that I will keep my eyes focused on the goal, and that my life is PRESSING ON, doing the right thing will be an example to my dad and that He will see God's glory through it all. His grace can sustain me. Thank you Lord for your unwavering grace, kindness & love that you continue to lavish on me. Thank you for a piece of HOPE tonight, and for the opportuniy to really engage in worship. If the valleys continue, and this season lingers on I pray that I can have HOPE for the future, that peace will invade my life, fear of man will be wiped away and a true honoring fear of you would over take my heart. May I be broken over my sin, and may conviction be strong in my life. May you be glorified. I really like this song, but tonight after Undivded I found myself continually singing these words and REJOCING that this is my God and King. How beautiful. "The hope of every nation. The joy of every heart. The King who has won salvation. The God who comes for us. All the world must see your love and majesty. THIS IS OUR GOD. THIS IS OUR KING. THIS IS THE ANTHEM OF THE REDEEMED. TELL THE WHOLE WORLD. Sing this to our God. THIS IS OUR KING. The light that broke the darkness. The champion over death. Victorious forever. Your Kingdome never ends." By: New Life Worship

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy,
I was reading your blog this morning, and thought I would share some scriptures with you that have helped me when I am in that valley. I am praying for you, and God is there with you even you you do not think so!! I love and miss you! ~Lynette


Titus 2:11-12 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. | It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age

Psalm 31:24
Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD

Psalm 33:20
We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield

Psalm 62:5
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him