Saturday, July 5, 2008

My CRAZY 4th of July

Yes it say's 1:00 in the MORNING We have FINALLY arrived back to the Lightfoot home This is what I looked at for almost 3 hours! CRAZINESS! SO last night I joined the Lightfoot family, and a few other singles from church to go down to Downtown Disney for fireworks. Um, wrong idea (even though it was a memory I will never forget :) We spent 45 minutes (probably longer) just trying to FIND a parking spot. It's bumper to bumper in the parking lot, some people who don't even know how to direct traffic are, people going the wrong crazy-CRAZINESS! We finally see some people stand in parking spots, to save them-that is when we send out Michael & Andrew Henderson, and Daniel to go find a spot and off the went. After many turns and trying to get to another parking lot we found a spot. It was a fun night, hot, lots of wonderful memories, see the fire works all few minutes of it and we are off to the car. SO we get to our car at little before a 11. Not one car is moving. Then the clock says 11:38. We start laughing, being silly, driving each other crazy (mind you I have the Henderson boys, Daniel and Jenn all in the car :) 11:45. We haven't moved AT ALL! Horns are honking, people are staring, some drivers are nice. Everyone in the car except for me finally decides to join Tyler, Tiffany, Stephanie and Jon at McDonalds ALL the way on the other end of downtown disney because they were bored (sometime after midnight :) I stay in the car so if the cars move we can too. As you can see in the picture it is now 1:00 in the morning. That means I have been sitting in this car for 2 STINKING HOURS! I was ready to SCREAM or run over someone ;) Around 1:45 I manage to get us out close to the exit, the crew hops in, and then somehow Jenn and I need to trade spots so she can drive home. So we finally come to a spot where we jump out and trade only to hear people honking their horns at us. We arrive back at the Lightfoot residence at 2:16, and then I FINALLY made it home around 2:45 and was asleep a few minutes later (after I got every disgusting germ off my body :) I LOVED last night, but I hated it too. It was one never to be forgotten and that ladies and gentleman was my CRAZY 4th of July!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Oh Kathy! Painful...memories...wwhhhyyy??? ;) Seriously though, it WAS fun! You should post some of the pics of us trying on the crazy hats in the store, or attempting some Thriller moves. ;) DEFINITELY a memory!