Saturday, April 4, 2009
FREEdom from sin's power!
"A Gospel Primer" Freedom from Sin's Power.
"As long as I am stricken with the guilt of my sins, I will be captive to them, and will often find myself re-committing the very sins about which I feel most guilty. The Devil is well aware of this fact; he knows that if he can keep me tormented by sins guilt, he can dominate me with sins power. The gospel, however, slays sin at this root point and thereby nullifies sin's power over me. The forgiveness of God, made known to me through the gospel, liberates me from sin's power because it liberates me first from its guilt; and preaching such forgiveness to myself is practical way of putting the gospel into operation as a nullifier of sins power in my life." WOW! Isn't that AMAZING? What rich words!
The other night I was ONCE again struggling with anger & having a bad attitude (Now it is even more obvious to me why parents start YOUNG to stop bad attitudes/anger because when you get old like me...YIKES!!:). Did not realize how much this had settled into my life and had become a besetting sin! Not something I care to admit out loud or even think about. But God has been gracious enough to continue to bring it up in my life in many situations and thankfully I have been convicted about it though it has been very obvious that I am still not responding well. I had to go and ask a friend for forgiveness (AGAIN!) and when I got home I read this and was reminded of Satan's stronghold in my life (GULIT!!) but more important of the amazing grace, forgiveness and freedom that comes from the Gospel and applying it in my life. Even though it has been baby steps of change I am so grateful for His kindness and goodness in my life and how he continues (over & over again) to draw me to His side and teach me that I am NOTHING, nothing without Him.
Lord I repent of my anger and the bad attitude that continues to flow out of my heart, even though you have given me everything I need. Lord Help me to see that all I need is you not what I want or think I need. Please set me free from these besetting sins and to see the power of the Gospel in my life. I love you Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have been rehearsing this specific quote to myself all weekend- thanks for being another means of God repeating Himself to me. =) i need it.
1st, Amen for posting:) AND...God has changed you, baby steps or not. God is faithful and Katherine, He loves you! Isnt that amazing...Thank you for sharing what God is doing. Love you!
Post a Comment